Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Countdown to Disney

In a couple of days, we'll begin our journey to Florida, we are so excited!  We don't plan things very far in advance because we're always worried about the unknowns.  Last month, we decided to plan a trip to Disneyworld and Universal Studios.  The great thing about planning last minute is you can sometimes find great deals, we found a rental home with a private pool for $75 a night--awesome!  Let's hope it's as nice as the pictures look on e-bay! :)  I'm a little worried about the long drive, the longest we've ever driven with the kids is 4 hours.  Yes, we are wimps.  But, to save $$ on plane tickets and a car rental, we're going to make this drive (probably 16 hours if we don't stop too much).  Our plan is to leave at night so the kids will sleep through half of it, we hope it works and we hope the drivers can stay awake!  We've only been to Disneyworld once before.  We visited 4 years ago before Tanner was born.  I guess it's my tradition to go when I'm pregnant.  It doesn't seem smart but we are so excited to visit the new Harry Potter World at Universal and it came down to going now when I was pregnant or going later when I had a new baby.  Since I'm not into thrill rides, I decided it would be easier to go now, I did it before, right?  This way I can enjoy taking Tanner around while Jason does all the thrill rides with the big kids and I don't have to worry about keeping a little baby happy.  I'm trying to ignore the fact that I get worn-out after shopping a few stores in a row; I should be fine walking around amusement parks for 8 hours a day, 7 days in a row, right???  I HOPE! :)  I better get packing.

2 comments:

  1. Oh! You guys are going to have a ball! Way to just dig in and make the journey, pregnant and all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'll have to post pictures! Have fun and be safe!

    ReplyDelete