Epcot was a big hit for everyone; we spent 2 days at this park. Epcot has 2 sections--the World Showcase with 11 countries to visit and the “Future World” with fun rides and other things to do. In the Future World, we discovered
Innoventions, a place to explore, try things out, learn about inventions and science. We hadn't noticed this place on our first visit to Disney, we thought it was just a big store, but this time the kids had fun exploring both Innovention buildings. They really liked being able to "star" in a video game. A camera filmed them jumping, running, and dancing and put it in a videogame that they were able to play after filming was done. All the kids loved the
Test Track ride, it might have been Tanner's favorite ride from all the theme parks combined. He was just tall enough to go on it and he loved climbing in and out of the cars on display as you got off the ride.
Mission Space was another hit with Kayla and Hunter. I was able to ride
Soarin' which was perfect for me since roller coasters were off-limits. Although the kids enjoyed the Future World the best, most of our pictures come from the World Showcase. We HAD to take a picture in every country, right?
Mexico
Jason had the kids try to climb this wall in Mexico. I didn't think they were supposed to be climbing it so I went a different way and pretended I didn't know them.
Meeting Donald in Mexico
Canada
China
America
France
France
Norway
Italy
Italy
Italy
Japan
Jason showing off his muscles.
Morocco
It's funny because Tanner loved the little boat ride--
Maelstrom--in Norway. This is a short little ride that some people might call “boring” but Tanner wanted to do it over and over again.
Does he look bored? This was our first time on the ride and he realized there was going to be a big drop. I think I had the same look on my face! But, the drop wasn’t too big after all so we did it over and over. Maybe Tanner just loved that there was no line for this ride, I liked that too!
Kayla had fun doing the Kim Possible missions in the different countries.
Hunter might have enjoyed it more but he got himself soaked (against my instructions) at the fountains and it was a cold day so he was pretty miserable afterwards.
Tanner had to follow his brother’s lead but at least I had a change of clothes for him.
This is the face Tanner wanted to make for every picture. We had to work hard to get a different face out of him. Kayla decided to imitate him:
Kayla with Tanner face.
We ended our second day at Epcot watching the nightly fireworks show. Epcot’s fireworks were my favorite. All in all, Epcot was a great match for our family. Jason and I would have liked to spend more time exploring the countries but the boys weren't too interested in that. We'll have to save that for a trip without kids. Hmmm...when will that be?
Coming up next....
Hollywood Studios!
I love all the pictures. I've been waiting to see them! Wow! Looks like you had tons of fan. I love the "Tanner Face."
ReplyDelete