We had a fabulous trip to Disney and I've been trying, without success, to find time to post about it. There is so much catch-up to do after a vacation!
THE DRIVE
The drive to Florida and back is what I was dreading the most but it wasn't so bad after all. We left around 9 p.m. on Friday night and arrived at Animal Kingdom around 12ish the next day. The nice thing about driving all night was that the boys slept most of the time and didn't drive me crazy! The hard thing was that I was SO sleepy while driving during the middle of the night and it felt too dangerous. Even when Jason was driving, I was worried about him being sleepy so I couldn't sleep well. I decided never to drive all night again. We planned to stop at a hotel half-way on the way back but Jason just wanted to push through. I told him HE could but I wouldn't be helping. He did push through and we survived. :) I must say, the kids were very pleasant in the car. They had new toys and things to keep them busy on our way back from Disney and all and all, it went so much better than I expected. :)
We went to all 4 theme parks at Disney plus one of the theme parks at Universal. I'll post pictures and give a little sum-up for each place, anything that is underlined in a different color will link you to the Disney website.
ANIMAL KINGDOM
Animal Kingdom was our first stop. It is similar to a Zoo but you get the addition of rides.
The big kids loved Expedition Everest, a roller coaster that goes backwards.
Tanner's favorite thing was playing in the Boneyard Plaground, he would have been happy to stay here all day. He didn't want to leave and he was asking to go back to the "big sandbox" for the rest of our trip. The big kids had fun at the Boneyard as well.
Coming up next....Epcot!
Tanner is growing so much! Wish him a happy birthday for me!
ReplyDelete