Saturday, February 26, 2011

Hollywood Studios at Disney


It's really hard for me to remember to call this place Hollywood Studios rather than MGM but I'm working on it. We enjoyed several things at this park but it was our least favorite of the parks. The boys were a little burned out by this time (5th day straight of theme parks) and really wanted to stay home and swim and play. So, I stayed home with the boys while Kayla and Jason went early and were able to see most of the things they wanted to see and do all of the main rides--Tower of Terror, Rock-n-Roller Coaster, and Toy Story Mania. They came home for lunch and we all went back in the afternoon with the plan to stay until closing so we could watch Fantasmic. It was rather crowded that day (due to Fantasmic showing that night) and Tanner kept wanting to do a ride but it was an 80-minute wait for Toy Story (the only ride he could do) and the fast passes were all gone. We tried to keep him happy with stunt shows and the Honey I Shrunk the Kids playground but we were only mildly successful. Fantasmic was a cool show with awesome effects but we were all tired by 9:00 and Tanner kept asking what was going on and I wasn't sure myself.  It went on a little too long with too much story but now we can say we've done it. :)
  






Although he didn't understand the story, Tanner loved the fireworks!

We did finally make it on the Toy Story ride twice and it was awesome for kids and adults. I can see why it is so popular.  It really was fun, interactive, competitive, etc. We would have done it over and over again if it wasn't for those darn lines! We tried to pick the least-crowded time of the year to go but we learned that Disney is just popular all of the time!

One more Disney park to go...Magic Kingdom!

3 comments:

  1. Looks like it was a farely successful trip overall. It's too bad Hunter got sick. I wanted to see some pictures of the Harry Potter stuff. Did you take any? I am glad you didn't drive off the road in your drowsy conditions. I don't think I could ever do the drive at night thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, it looks like so much fun!! We hit Disneyland in California the 2 days after Labor Day a couple of years ago. It was fabulous, NO LINES...well, our longest wait was 20 min. for Peter Pan at closing, but that was a rarity. Florida might be different though. I'm so glad you made it safe and had a great time. What great photos too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Monica,

    They are coming. I'm doing seperate posts for each park. Universal is my last park to report on and we have lots of Harry Potter photos. They are coming. I'm working on it right now with LOTS of interruptions from Tanner! :)

    ReplyDelete