Thursday, December 20, 2012

Merry Christmas!




Hello Family and Friends,


Merry Christmas!  I so love this time of year, but it is going by too fast!  I feel like I haven’t stopped long enough to enjoy it.  I only have one week left to change that, sit by the fire, and read books to my kids.  I will….just as soon as I get my Christmas cards mailed!

This year has been full of new adventures and good times with family and friends.  One of our most memorable experiences was being in the play Our Town.  Click here to see photos and read more.  We also took some fun trips (more here) and spent lots of time with family and friends.  This year has brought its challenges too.  Jason's mother was diagnosed with lung cancer and breast cancer.  We all worried for her and prayed for her and treasured our time with her.  I am happy to say she made it through her treatments and is now cancer-free.  It will make our Christmas time together all the sweeter.


I asked my kids to write their own sum-up of the year.  Of course, I'll help the baby out and type what Tanner dictates.  We'll start with the youngest.


Archer (age 1 1/2)



Archer is 1 ½.  He is super smiley and very curious.  He is busy, busy, busy.  He wears me out and fills me with joy at the same time.  I can't wait for his nap time each day, but I love to see him when he wakes up.  Although he often makes my home look like a tornado hit it, I love watching him explore and figure out new things.  There is nothing like the joy and wonder of a child.  It is priceless and I'm so thankful he is in our family.  I can't squeeze or love him enough!

Tanner, age 5
I like to exercise with Daddy in the basement, we do P90X.  I like to draw pictures, build with Legos, math blocks, and all kinds of things.  I like doing school at home.  I like to do reading lessons with my mom because she gets me a prize after every ten lessons.  I think that's enough.   



Hunter, age 11
My year has been very interesting.  I have recently had a sudden attraction to parkour.  Parkour is where you jump off of a wall to get to another wall and run up walls and jump off high edges without getting hurt.  My mom isn't a big fan of it because she thinks it’s dangerous.  I also did my first real play this year.  People actually paid to see it, so I thought that was kind of impressive. My character’s name was Wally Webb, whose appendix burst on a camping trip to North Conway.  I had seven lines and most of the cast said I did my last line the best in the last performance.  I also like legos, steak, ice cream, action figures, and so much more.  I do this cage fighting class called Young Justice on Saturdays at 7 in the morning.  I also like having Nerf wars and other types of battles.  I am so excited yet grateful for Christmas to come.  I am excited to receive things, give things, and spend time with my family. I hope this gives you a little information about me. That’s all folks!





Kayla (age 12)
Hi I’m Kayla LaFroth, and I am a 12-year-old 7th grader.  This year I did my first real plays.  First in July, I went to a summer camp held by Fauquier Community Theatre’s Miss Jen.  I was really excited when I got to be Annie (more here).  Although it was kids playing the adults and the single performance was free, we had costumes and choreography and it was actually pretty good!  Then I had my first REAL play, the famous Our Town (more here).  After just doing an upbeat musical, it was a drastic transition to a slow paced drama.  I played the part of Rebecca Gibbs, George’s little sister who loves money, and had a blast with the wonderful cast and crew!  I just recently auditioned for Bye Bye Birdie and got the part of Kim’s little sibling (they changed the part from a boy to a girl), named Rachel MacAfee.  I’m excited for the new musical which will be preforming April of 2013.  I guess that sums up my recent theatre life.  This year I am doing the Challenge A program with Classical Conversations.  It is definitely a challenge and it forces me to get my work done.  My teacher, Mrs. Clark, is really nice and does a fabulous job teaching Math, Latin, Geography, Rhetoric, Literature, and Science.  The best part about Challenge is that I get to hang out with my homeschooling friends.  I am interested in politics, only, whenever my Dad and I discuss politics it almost always makes me mad!  I like American Girl Dolls, Squinkies, Beanie Babies, Barbies, and Webkinz.  I guess I haven’t outgrown toys yet!  I have recently  gotten some baby-sitting opportunities of which I am very excited about.  2012 zoomed by too fast!

Wishing you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
Kayla LaFroth    


The Parents
Jason and I stay busy with work, church callings, and parenting.  We truly have a beautiful life and we feel so grateful.  We are thankful for the gift of God’s Son and the meaning this gift gives our lives not only at Christmas, but all year long.
May the spirit of Christ be in your hearts this season and throughout the year.

Much love,

The LaFroth Family



3 comments:

  1. Beautiful family! Archer is growing so much! I'm shocked that I haven't even met him yet. I know that someday I will come out there to visit you all again! I enjoyed reading all of the kids updates. I'm glad you posted pictures and wrote about some events from the year so I can "see" your family! I'm happy that Jason's mom is cancer free! That's awesome. I miss you all and love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also like your new updated family picture at the top of your blog page. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your Christmas card! Merry Christmas my friend!

    ReplyDelete