Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Summer Vacations

Shirley Plantation
The year is quickly drawing to a close and I have not done well at keeping my blog updated.  One of my main purposes in blogging is to have a yearly record to print out, so I need to get a few things in here that I've missed.

For most of our married life, our family summer vacation consisted of visiting my relatives in Utah.  We loved this tradition, but as our family grew and plane prices increased, we were not able to do it the past two years.  I have definitely missed it!  However, we were still able to go on vacation together locally and it was great to have time away together as a family.  We visited Colonial Williamsburg, which I always love, Shirley Plantation (a new spot), and we took a week-long trip to North Carolina where we rented a cabin in the mountains and visited Chimney Rock, Lake Lure, and some other sights.


Kayla and Hunter at Shirley Plantation
 





 
 
Kayla--12



Hunter--10
 
Tanner--5


Archer--1
 
Kayla, Hunter, and Baby Archer


Moving on to North Carolina


The cabin we rented in NC.
 







Chimney Rock
 


















FYI--if you bring your dog, you can't use the elevator, you have to hike the stairs!



Hiking to Chimney Falls
 


















Archer had a grand time playing in the sand at Lake Lure











 


2 comments:

  1. What great pictures! I like pictures! What a fun vacation! I love spending time with family! I miss seeing you, but I'm glad that you are having fun seeing the sights on the east coast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Marsha,

    I just LOVE the idea of a family blog, have never thought about it - thanks for showing me this, must see if I can start doing something like this also, it's AWESOME :)

    Cheers from Germany,
    Carmen

    ReplyDelete