First--Tile Coasters
In the summer, we visited Chimney Rock and bought a tile coaster with a picture of Chimnney Rock on it. Jason thought it was a great little souvenir, and has looked for tile coasters everywhere we've visited since. He hasn't found any, so he told me he wanted me to make him some for Christmas. I'll admit I wasn't thrilled at the prospect, but I found a tutorial online here and it looked simple enough. Ha, ha, projects never turn out as simple as they appear! I had many a moment of wanting to give up and throw the towel in! I made it through and ended up with a set of coasters for Jason, and another set for Oma. I was really excited about them once they were done!
| Jason's set |
| Oma's set |
Second--Doll Bedding
Kayla still loves American Girl dolls and loves getting furniture for her dolls. Unfortunately, AG doll furniture is very expensive. I saw this doll bed at IKEA for only $20 bucks and had to get it. It was rather plain, as you can see.
Well, I don't sew much at all, but I made some bedding for that bed and was so excited with how it turned out. Of course, I wanted to throw in the towel in the middle of this project too as I couldn't even remember how to thread my bobbin or make a quilt. I was calling my mom continuously. In the end, I was glad I stuck with it.
No comments:
Post a Comment