I'm not good about remembering to take pictures, but I did manage to get a few:
Sunday, January 25, 2015
One-minute Club Party
On Saturday, I had a party for my piano students who passed the one-minute challenge. I read about this idea on Susan Paradis's wonderful site here. The challenge is to name all the notes (from flash cards) on the grand staff and play the notes on the piano in less than a minute. I started this in 2013 and had only 3 students made it. For 2014, seven kids completed the challenge, but they couldn't all make it to the party. We had pizza, an ice cream sundae bar, and played a couple of games--"Around the World" with staff note flashcards and a Musical Jeopardy game. It was fun and I think the kids felt special for completing the challenge. I hope they did! They each received a certificate and a laminated tag for their piano bags. I'm sure we'll have even more kids make it in 2015!
I'm not good about remembering to take pictures, but I did manage to get a few:
I'm not good about remembering to take pictures, but I did manage to get a few:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment