
Okay, I will admit, my 3-year-old watches way too much T.V. and I feel bad about it, but I also depend on the T.V. at times to enable me to accomplish other things and to buy myself a moment (or several moments) of peace. Of all the shows Archer watches, Daniel Tiger is my favorite. First of all, it reminds me of Mr. Roger's Neighborhood which I grew up loving. Mostly though, I love it because it teaches Archer all of these cute little songs that he actually applies to real life and starts singing at the appropriate moment.
The first song that was super valuable to us was this one:
"If you need to go potty, stop and go right away. Flush and wash and your on your way."
That little song saved us from many an accident when we were potty-training. We would be at the grocery store and he would start singing it and off we would go to the potty.
Not long ago, I told Archer I had to leave for a meeting. He started to whine and said, "I don't want you to go!" but then he stopped in the middle of his whining and started singing, "Grown-ups come back." He kissed me goodbye and was perfectly fine.
All of my kids are picky eaters. I'm sure it's my fault, but nevertheless, it is hard to get them to try anything new. Well, one night last week at dinner, I asked Archer to try my sweet potatoes and some stuffing. He said, "Ewww, yuck!" Then he changed his tone and started singing, "You've got to try new foods cause it might taste good." I was so surprised. Then he actually tried the new foods and decided he liked them. I love Tiger Daniel!
The last song that we sing often in our family is this one:
"When you feel so mad that you want to roar, just take a deep breath, and count to four."
Okay, Mommy still needs to work on that one. :)
So, if you find yourself tempted to put a show on for your preschooler, choose Tiger Daniel.
No comments:
Post a Comment