We have been to Colonial Williamsburg several times, so we didn't buy tickets on this trip (they are quite expensive), we just walked around the town, visited the shops that didn't require tickets, and ate lunch at the King's Arm. I think we have eaten lunch at that place every time we've visited. It was a cold, dreary, rainy day, so we didn't stay long, but we always love to visit this historic place.
Our next stop was the amazing Yankee Candle Store in Williamsburg which is really like a department store with all kinds of little shops in it. It is "Christmas all year" in one section, and it "snows" every 4 minutes. We didn't get a very good picture here.
Our last visit was to Christmas Town at Busch Gardens where they had the whole place decorated and decked out for Christmas. Most of the big rides were closed (I'm a chicken about roller coasters anyway), but we rode the train, watched a show, and just enjoyed looking around at all the lights and displays. Kayla got to ride Verbolten so she had her roller coaster fix. We were freezing at this place too so we only stayed a few hours, but it was fun.
It was a wonderful trip and I wouldn't mind making it a yearly tradition!
How fun! I can tell you and Kayla have such a good relationship. I hope to be that way with Natalie. Maybe I need to schedule a gir
ReplyDelete