I have started many posts over the past few months but never published them because I was waiting to add photos. This is a post from May that I finally added pictures too.
Jason took the kids camping at
Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park to celebrate Kayla's eleventh birthday. This was an odd birthday (as in odd not even), so it was not a "party" year. We still try to do something special on the odd birthdays so Jason took Kayla, her friend--Olivia, and the boys to this awesome place. I stayed at home with the baby and learned to appreciate how much they all help me when they are here. They had a blast! Happy Birthday sweet Kayla.
 |
| The Crew |
 |
| The place they stayed...not really camping. A cabin with A/C, kitchen, bathroom, tv. etc! |
 |
| Tanner meets Yogi at the pool. |
 |
| The golf carts were a huge hit! |
 |
| Lazer Tag, here we come! |
 |
| Watch out! |
 |
| Giant Jumping Pillow |
 |
| Water Slide |
 |
| Paddle Boats |
 |
| Building sand castles in the volley ball pit |
 |
| Action figures they made out of clay during a rainy afternoon |
 |
| Marshamallow Roasting...or burning. |
Just for fun, let's contrast the place Jason camped at to the place I camped at BY MYSELF with the 3 kids AND THE DOG last summer:
Hmmmm....I think Jason is a little smarter than me. I'm not sure how I let myself get talked into it. We were all going to go together but Jason had to work until Friday and we were afraid we wouldn't get a camping spot, so I went down Thursday night to set up camp all by my lonesome. Jason had me practice setting up the tent at home since that is usually his job. He suggested it would be super cute and a great adventure. Well...our tent did not have a bathroom, kitchen, or A/C and boy did I need it! (No, I'm not bitter!) I wish I could say I have fond memories of the experience but I'm afraid it might have been the end of my camping career. That's why I'm still whining about it a year later! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment