Kayla chose to make "Coconut Lime Sours" on her cooking day. You must try these! Kayla and I tried them at the Georgia's home and we were hooked! They have such a unique taste--sweet, sour, crunchy, chewy--my mouth waters just thinking about them. You can get the recipe here. If you don't like lemon or lime, skip this recipe. My boys won't touch these, but us girls think they are great!
On Hunter's cooking day, he wanted to make funnel cake. We love to buy these at fairs and amusement parks but we hate shelling out $7 or $8 for one! We found this easy recipe online. Although these were delicious, I have no intention of making them again. As I mentioned before, I don't like deep-frying. Not only is it unhealthy, it's so messy. Add loads of powdered sugar to the equation and you get an even bigger mess! I didn't like the clean-up, but the funnel cakes were a huge hit!
In spite of my assertions, I'll probably end up making these again. Tanner has asked to make Funnel Cake for every cooking day since this one. So far, I've been able to talk him into other things, but it's only a matter of time before I give in!
Looks like fun! I'll have to try those recipes! I've enjoyed spending with Kayla and Hunter while they've been here. It feels that you are not so far away when they are here. Maybe next summer I can come visit you.
ReplyDeleteWe would love to have you come visit, Mary. Thanks for having Kayla sleep over and for spending time with the kiddos. I know they are in good hands!
ReplyDelete