Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Ninja Warrior

I can't believe this is the first time I'm mentioning "Ninja Warrior" on my blog since it's such a big thing at my house.  Maybe it's because I don't have much to do with it.  Also, we didn't have any photos until today, only video footage.  Kayla took a public speaking class today and she had to write a presentation to share with the class along with a visual aid.  Jason snapped these photos when I wasn't around.  The basement is in an atrocious state but I'm posting the pictures anyway.  One of these days I'll put some video footage on here to show what Ninja Warrior is really like.  Here is Kayla's speech:

Hello everyone! My name is Kayla LaFroth and I would like to tell you about something neat we do in my basement called “Ninja Warrior.” This is my basement.  
 My dad has put up wood-structures, ropes, a castle, and more! At least twice a year we do something called Ninja Warrior. My dad got the inspiration for this from the Japanese show called Ninja Warrior! There are four stages of obstacle courses that you try to pass. Each stage gets harder as you go along. If you don’t pass a stage, you are eliminated.

There are obstacles such as the Cliffhanger, 

  
  the Swinging Bars



the Can Walk,



the Peg Board,


 and The Tarzan Swing.



We invite friends to come do it and only the best make it to the end. If you complete all 4 stages, you receive a medal and $20.00! My dad films us as we go through the stages and edits it into movies that we call seasons. We have done 5 seasons so far, each season getting harder than the last one. Doing this has helped to increase my strength, balance, and overall physical fitness. Ninja Warrior is challenging but also very fun. Maybe some of you could join us for Season 6!

7 comments:

  1. When do I get to see Seasons 4 and 5? I think I've only seen seasons 1-3 or maybe just 1 & 2. Will you bring them out with you when you come visit? I look forward to seeing you and your cute family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure Mary, we love to share our Ninja Warrior movies, they are Jason's pride and joy! :) I'll also bring your our Shakespeare Play/movie, I think you'll like it. Don't worry, it's short! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have got to come out for a visit sometime! David would have so much fun in your basement. He is very good at that kind of stuff. I am sure Alicia would give it a good try too. It isn't really up Jacob's ally, but I am sure he would love to try.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd do that for $20! That basement looks like a kids dream! It's a good excuse not to ever finish it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Erika, come give it a try. Very few make it to the end, that's why Jason can offer $20. He usually only has to give it away once a season. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. SO awesome! My kids would be envious(0:

    ReplyDelete