A few weeks ago we visited the historical town of Harpers Ferry, WV where Maryland, Virginia, and West Virginia meet. This town changed hands between Confederate and Union forces 8 times during the civil war. It is also the place where the abolitionist John Brown led a raid. The kids love to visit this place, not because they are interested in the history, but because they love to play in the river and eat ice cream afterwards! :) The river is full of goose droppings and it is a painful place to walk barefoot, but if you can get past that and remember to wear your water shoes (I'll be bringing mine next time), you should be fine!
Learn more about Harpers Ferry here:
Great Pictures Marsha! I love the one you put for your title. It looks like a great place to visit. By the way, Jason is looking good too.
ReplyDeleteI can not believe how fast your children are growing up! They are so cute!
ReplyDeleteSharon
Hey Sharon,
ReplyDeleteIt's so fun to see your comments on here. :) I was trying to find you on facebook but I wasn't sure if any of the Sharons I found were you! Send me your e-mail sometime or find me on facebook if you are there. I would love to see photos and read updates on your family. Congratulation on your new grandbabies, time sure flies, doesn't it?
Marsha
Looks fun! Maybe we'll have to check it out sometime soon, my kids would love the water.
ReplyDelete