Hunter, Haly, Kayla, Logan, Cade
Tanner, Cade, and Hunter on the wagon ride. We have been to Mount Vernon many times but this is the first time we've seen a wagon ride. It turns out they only do it in April and we happened to come on April 30th, lucky us!
Hunter and Logan
Tanner walking through the beautiful gardens, I mean, running.
Cade
Best Buddies
Haly, Kayla, and Logan
Kayla was so happy to have GIRLS on our trip. So often Kayla is the only girl in a big group of boys. She wishes these wonderful girls didn't live 45 minutes away.
********
These are photos of some other recent excursions:
The kids had a great time at Tamarack Stables in Lorton, VA. Someone arranged a great special for homeschoolers and we were able to have a one hour lesson, 30 minute stable lesson and 30 minute riding lesson for $17.00. My kids loved it (at least the riding part), they are anxious to do it again! The pictures aren't great because I was far away and zooming in with my not-so-fancy camera but it will have to do since it's all I have.
Early in April we visited the Eleanor C. Lawrence Park in Centrville for a Botany field trip. I'm learning a lot about plants and realizing how much I don't know. Did you know that poison ivy grows on enormous hairy twisted vines? "If it's hairy...it is scary." I can recognize the vines now but I'm still having a tough time recognizing the leaves. I think everything looks like poison ivy. Anyway, it was a beautiful day and we all had a great time hanging out with our friends.
The kids had a great time at Tamarack Stables in Lorton, VA. Someone arranged a great special for homeschoolers and we were able to have a one hour lesson, 30 minute stable lesson and 30 minute riding lesson for $17.00. My kids loved it (at least the riding part), they are anxious to do it again! The pictures aren't great because I was far away and zooming in with my not-so-fancy camera but it will have to do since it's all I have.
Kayla with Destiny
Hunter with Chester
Tanner didn't get to ride, he had fun watching.
Early in April we visited the Eleanor C. Lawrence Park in Centrville for a Botany field trip. I'm learning a lot about plants and realizing how much I don't know. Did you know that poison ivy grows on enormous hairy twisted vines? "If it's hairy...it is scary." I can recognize the vines now but I'm still having a tough time recognizing the leaves. I think everything looks like poison ivy. Anyway, it was a beautiful day and we all had a great time hanging out with our friends.
Our Science group in front of a dogwood tree.
Did you know the Dogwood is Virginia's state tree
AND the state flower?
Kayla
Hunter
Tanner and his buddy Will
Ahh...I miss excursions in VA. CO is very boring (relatively speaking), but thank goodness for homeschool groups and school discounts :)
ReplyDeleteYour kids are so big, I can hardly believe it!