Friday, April 16, 2010

Kassie's first birthday!


Our dog, Kassie, turned one last week.  I guess that means she is no longer a puppy.  Does that mean she won't chew on things anymore? That would be nice!


I never planned to have a dog.  My children were enough to take care of, I didn't need a dog that would shed, smell, bark, and have accidents.  But Kayla desperately wanted a dog for years.  She knew all the dogs in the neighborhood and continually used all her powers of persuasion to convince us to get a dog.  I think she would still be hoping and wishing if it weren't for my parents getting a little dog I fell in love with.  Every time I visited Utah I just loved their little chihuahua.  Before Pepe came along, I thought chihuahuahuas were super annoying.  Maybe they still are, but I love Pepe anyway.  That little dog broke me down to the point I would even consider getting a dog.  Kayla broke me down further and finally, we became dog owners (we didn't go with a chihuahua though).


Do I like having a dog?  I'm not sure I like all the things that go with having a dog but I sure do love our dog.  She has destroyed a few things in our home and she is a bit annoying with her barking but I really love her.  She is like the toddlers who drive you crazy but you love them anyway.  She is always so happy to see us, she is my little companion wherever I go in the house.  She always settles down next to me whether it's on the cozy couch or the hard kitchen floor.  She is super cute and soft and I more or less adore her.  I'm glad she is part of the family.  That being said, I don't think I'll ever buy a dog again. :)









No comments:

Post a Comment