Montpelier--Home of James Madison

As I was searching through our photos, trying to decide what to put on our Christmas card, I came across these photos from Montpelier and wanted to post them. Jason and Kayla first visited here in the summer of 2010 and it was love at first sight...or something like that. Montpelier is still going through the restoration process so it isn't fully furnished like Monticello or Mount Vernon. However, the grounds are quiet, secluded, peaceful, and beautiful. Jason likes this home more than the others because he feels he can really talk to the tour guides and ask questions as opposed to being herded through the house like cattle. Plus, if you hit it at certain times, you can have a lovely chat with James Madison or Dolly. Jason took Kayla and I to Montpelier this past summer, he took all the kids (except baby) in the fall, and then we went back for a Christmas candlelight tour this month. Yes...he likes it that much. The kids have had their fill of "old houses," but they are perfectly happy to explore the property without a house-tour. What a lovely property it is!



















Your kids are so cute, but that little Archur is super handsome. I want to hold him and play with him SO bad! I don't even know him. I forget you even have another child. What a horrible Aunt I am! You guys do some fun things together though :)
ReplyDeleteGreat pictures! I may have to visit Montpelier sometime when I come out to visit you all. Archer is adorable! I miss you and your kids!
ReplyDeleteLove the pictures. We should have done this when we were visiting. I'm sure we could have squeezed it into the schedule somewhere :-).
ReplyDelete