| Archer at Montpelier (home of James Madison), Sept. 2011 |
| Archer at Cox Farm, October 2011 |
| Archer at Cox Farm, October 2011 |
Archer is a very happy, content baby. We went through some fussy spells early in his life but those days are gone. (Well, they do return a bit when he is teething or sick.) I keep marvelling at how fast babyhood goes by. In the beginning, the days and sleepless nights feel so long but before you know it, they are past. Before you know it, your baby can be happy without being held all of the time. Before you know it, you can get things done again. Not as much as you used to, but you can do some things! Archer likes to play on the floor with toys, he especially likes to dump out his brother's bin of hotwheel cars. He likes to hang out in his little play gym. He loves cheerios and cereal puffs (they help extend the time he will stay in the play gym). He loves all food now. I didn't start feeding him solids until 6 months but he has taken to it with a vengeance! He especially likes to gnaw on a tough crust of bread. He loves to watch his brothers and sisters play, they keep him entertained. Hunter likes to chant this little song over and over "Doo doo baby, doo doo baby.." getting progressively louder and louder each time he says it. It drives me crazy but the baby loves it, so I tolerate it. The baby is very fascinated with Hunter overall. If I'm feeding Archer or changing his diaper and Hunter walks in the room, the baby will twist and turn so he can see him. It really helps me to have the big kids around. Archer still goes in his baby swing once in awhile but not to lay back and fall asleep. He is wide awake and trying with all of his might to grab the legs of the swing. He doesn't want to be abandoned in the room but will be happy in the swing for awhile if he has people to watch. Archer takes good naps in his crib when we are home but my days of staying home and keeping my babies on a perfect schedule are gone. We are often away from the home for classes and field trips but he does pretty well. All in all, I couldn't be more delighted with this little guy. I love you Archie boo!
| Archer with Daddy at Skyline Caverns, September 2011 |
I like the pictures. I'm glad he's a good baby. I'd love to see him in person! Maybe next summer (don't I say that every year?)
ReplyDeleteHe is so adorable!
ReplyDeleteThere are times I wish I could go back to seeing my kids as babies! It just goes so fast! So glad we can at least have pictures and videos! I recently fell upon a video I'd taken of the kids when Simon was a baby. It was such a sweet find! Wish I had taken more videos!
Marsha - you are one lucky mama! Babies are wonderful! I would love another one in my home too but my time has past. Hopefully you can have a couple more for me to hold when I get back!
ReplyDelete