Thursday, November 10, 2011

Strategies for Sanity

I continue to mentally compose blogs in my head without managing to physically compose them.  I have more time to think than write I suppose. :)  So, instead of writing something inspiring and uplifting myself, I'll share something someone else wrote.  I recently found the blog of an amazing mother of 10 children.  I have seen her at homeschooling conferences over the past 6 years and always admired her from a distance.  I've only spoken to her a few times but every time I have, I've been impressed with her calm presence and beautiful spirit.  I am fascinated by big families.  I don't know why I find them so fascinating when I grew up in a large family myself (10 children), but fascinating they are.  Four children feels like such a lot some days and I wonder how people who have more do all they do.  Karolyn shares her "Strategies for Sanity" (or for keeping a firm mind and a peaceful home) on her blog and I wanted to share her straegies here too.  I'm just going to list them but it really is worth going to her blog to read the full description of each strategy:

http://firmnessofmindmom.blogspot.com/2011/04/strategies-for-keeping-firm-mind.html

1.  Make your daily spiritual/mental nourishment #1 priority.

2.  Work for physical order & guard your family.

3.  Use self-educating curriculum.

4.  Outside activities: less is more

5.  Know your personality strenghts and weaknesses and work to improve.

6.  You've only got one body; take care of it.

Other posts I loved:

"A Joyful Mother of Many Children" (expounds more on the above strategies)
http://firmnessofmindmom.blogspot.com/2011/05/joyful-mother-of-many-children-ldsehe.html

"Peace Which Passeth All Understanding"
http://firmnessofmindmom.blogspot.com/2011/05/peace-which-passeth-understanding.html


No comments:

Post a Comment