Saturday, October 9, 2010

My Birthday

I may eventually get around to posting parts 2 -10 of our Utah trip, and I may eventually write about Hunter's birthday, and I may one day write about all the other things swirling in my mind; but for now, I only have a few minutes, so I'll just write about myself. :)  I turned 35 yesterday, hard to believe.  I remember when I was in high school and I thought 23 was ancient, look at me now!  I don't mind it though, life is beautiful.  My birthday started with my kiddies coming in my room and forbidding me to leave it.  They came back quite some time later singing "Happy Birthday" and carrying a tray full of a yummy breakfast--eggs, bacon, and oatmeal, plus homemade gifts (check out the coupons I received below).  Having your children grow up can be a bit sad but there are some really wonderful side benefits! :)  Oma and Grandpa watched the kids at night so Jason and I could go out to a snazzy restaurant, followed by some grand shopping at Wal-mart!  I love going on dates and we don't do it often enough, I guess that makes it extra special when we do go.  After our date, we picked up the kiddies and came home to watch our new favorite family show, "Lark Rise to Candleford."  We had slushie drinks AND brownie sundaes; massive amounts of junk food is okay on your birthday, right?  It was a wonderful day, I love birthdays!

I SHOULD take pictures of the cute coupon book Kayla made for me but that would take too long so I'm just going to share the coupons for now and take a picture later.

  • FREE 10-minute foot rub
  • FREE hair-do for half an episode of Lark Rise to Candleford
  • Babysit 3-4 year old for an hour (when mom is home of course)
  • Make your bed
  • FREE 20-minutes at Kayla's Hair Salon (Can you tell I like to have Kayla play with my hair?)
  • FREE lunch made for you
  • Quiet time for an hour (Oh yeah!)
Bring on the pampering!

6 comments:

  1. I'm glad you had a great birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet gift from your daughter! That is so great you could get a night out for your birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm such a terrible friend! I totally forgot your big day. Scott's was yesterday so I should always remember yours is just the day before! I'm glad that you are 35 - finally someone my age around here! Oops... Wait, maybe I'm not 35 anymore! Love ya and miss ya!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are almost-birthday-twins! Mine is today (the 10th). October birthdays are the best(0: I think my favorite b-day coupon would be the 1 hour of quiet time...woo-hoo!! You have great kids. I'm glad you enjoyed your birthday! (and YES, massive amounts of junk food on your b-day is not only okay, I think it should be mandatory!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Great kids! I can't wait to get some kid coupons! I am glad you had a great birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. HOly Cow, Dean and I have been waiting for our Larkrise to come in the mail! We saw some of it but are waiting for the rest! Happy late birthday!

    ReplyDelete