Every two weeks we have "Variety Class" at our house. We do a little geography, a little writing. and learn about famous composers and artists. Today we learned about Michelangelo who painted the ceiling of the Sistine chapel. The kids tried painting while lying on their backs, the way Michelangelo might have done his famous painting.
Jeff was the first to attempt painting lying down.
Hunter lasted the longest on his back
Kayla and Hunter hard at work
Most of the kids decided it was too hard to paint lying down. They opted to finish their paintings sitting up, I don't blame them!
Dylan and Cade
Nicholas and Kayla
Aiden
Jeff and Nicholas
Tanner joins the big kids.
Did Michelangelo paint dragons?
The work is done, time for lunch!
Good job on all your posts. I don't get posts in very often. It would be hard to paint upside down. That is a bummer that Kayla is often the only girl. Hope to see you all some time soon :-).
ReplyDeleteMarsha,
ReplyDeleteYour sister Monica told me you homeschool and gave me your blog address. What a great idea to paint upside down like Michelangelgo! I love that. I homeschool my kids too and thought I would drop by and say hello. It looks like you have a great group of homeschoolers to do things with in VA. That is wonderful.
Take care,
Mindy (used to be in your book club when I lived in Centreville VA Ward)
Hi Mindy,
ReplyDeleteI definitely remember you and I'm glad you came by! I loved reading your blog, it was very inspiring. Are you still liking the workboxes?
Have you heard of the book called "Discovering Great Artists: Hands-On Art for Children in the Styles of the Great Masters"? It has great art ideas for children, I really like it. That is where I got the idea for painting while lying down. :)