Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day!


Hello all you mothers (and especially to my own),
Happy Mother's Day!
And to my wonderful sisters, aunts, and friends who haven't had children...
Happy Mother's Day!
I know you "mother" in so many ways and I love you.

My favorite Mother's Day gift came yesterday...I was able to hibernate in my stamp room for hours and hours and stamp, stamp, stamp!  I used to be a Stampin' Up demonstrator but now I just stamp for fun which means I don't have urgent appointments to force me to stamp which means I don't get to it often enough.  I love to do it but there are so many other urgent things that take priority.  I decided to abandon all the things I SHOULD have done yesterday and just do what I wanted to do. :) 

A friend asked me to make some cards for her grown son who likes baseball.  It is really hard to make cards for men because homemade cards tend to be cute, not manly.  This is what I came up with. 




Hopefully one of those cards will be manly enough.  I copied most of my cards from www.splitcoaststampers.com so I want to give credit where credit is due.  Following are some of the non-manly cards I made for fun.  I needed to stock up and now I can give some to my mother-in-law for a Mother's Day gift.




While stamping, Jason kept the kids from bothering me and made a super delicious dinner.  He and his brother are making dinner for their mom tonight so I actually get two days of no cooking and yummy food, yahoo!  He also made me breakfast this morning which was really going above and beyond.  He usually wakes up a half-hour before we have to be at church so this was a real gift from him, thank you dear!
We're about to head to his Mom's to celebrate.  I wish I could be with my Mom too but I know my other 9 brothers and sisters will take care of her, right?

One more thing, we haven't had a family photo taken in over two years.  I had to have a family photo to give someone for this conference I'm speaking at so my wonderful friend, Cherilyn, came over and snapped one before church.  Now you know Jason had to get up really early!

3 comments:

  1. Your family picture turned out cute. I'm so glad! You just never know what you're going to get when little ones are involved! So glad you got to do some stamping. Did you have to lock your door and barricade it? Somehow my kids would have slipped by "security" : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute cards and a very cute family picture! I am glad you had a great day. I had a good day too (you can read about it on my blog). There weren't quite nine of us at Mom's mother's day gathering. Michelle lives out of state, Micah was out of state visiting his mother-in-law, and Monte is on vacation in Mexico. But I think she had a good time with the rest of us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cards are adorable! It would have taken me a million years to even copy those! You're so good at it! And you family is adorable!

    ReplyDelete