| Tanner at his first Blue and Gold Banquet |
First activity was to make Minecraft faces out of small squares of paper. They boys actually enjoyed this more than I thought they would. (Hint to others considering this activity-cutting all of those squares was very time-consuming, and I guessed the wrong colors they would want, and had to frantically pull out more cardstock and a square puncher at the party to keep up with the color demands!):
Next the boys had dinner--"Golden Apples," "Carrots," and pizza. They played a Minecraft bingo game while they ate.
Next up was "Musical Minecraft," but I didn't get photos. The kids walked around on Minecraft pictures (like a cake walk) and stopped on a picture when the music stopped. We pulled a number out of a hat and whoever was on that number was "out." Really, they got to fill their minecraft block at the candy bar first. Then the block went into the goodie bags. Next they colored minecraft pictures while waiting for everyone else to finish the game. Each boy got their own set of crayons for the goodie bag too.
I saw some REALLY amazing cake ideas, but I kept it simple with homemade cupcakes from a mix. The cupcake toppers were part of a free set of minecraft printables I found online. All the signs for the food also came from that set (link below).
I bought a set of papercraft minecraft animals for the kids to put together, but when I tried it out beforehand, I realized it would be too hard for them to do without a lot of help. Kayla put them all together before the party and we let the boys pick a couple to put in their goodie bags.
In case anyone else is looking, here are some links to the places I found ideas from:
Free printables:
http://catchmyparty.com/blog/free-minecraft-party-printables-from-printabelle
Other Minecraft party posts:
http://parties4ever.blogspot.com/2013/03/minecraft-party.html
http://mommadanddaboyz.net/2013/04/16/minecraft-party-games/
https://ichooseawesome.wordpress.com/2012/12/03/epic-minecraft-party/
http://www.birthdaypartyideas.com/html/video_game_party_7.html
No comments:
Post a Comment