Thursday, December 18, 2014

Thanksgiving

On Thanksgiving I wrote about the things I was grateful for and posted it here.  I asked my family to do the same thing and we read our papers to each other.  I loved hearing what they said.  This is what they wrote:

Archer (dictated at preschool)
I am grateful for Daddy.

Tanner
I am grateful for God.
I am grateful for Jesus.
I'm grateful for my life.
I'm grateful for the Holy Ghost.
I'm grateful for my mom and dad.
I'm grateful for peace.

Hunter
I am thankful for many things, and I am going to share a few of them and why I am thankful for them.

I am very thankful for being homeschooled. One year my parents decided to send me to elementary school, it was so awful. I was not able to speak without rasing my hand, not able to eat when I wanted, and the worst part was if you finished early, you had to wait for everyone else. On the contrary, at home you are able to do all those things plus you are able to chose what you want to do when you want to do it, get the blessing of your own home and the feeling of comfort, and you get to were your pj's which is EPIC! That is why am thankful for that.
 
Another thing I am blessed  for is my home.  Recently I've been learning about people having a hard time and not being able to pay rent and get food.  I am thankful we are able to do that without trouble.
 
And last but not least, I am thankful for my family. Archer is very cute and it is fun to watch him laugh, it is awesome to play with him and he is super cool.  The Fob (Tanner) is very playful and happy.  Although he is ridiculous, he always makes me laugh.  Kayla is an awesome sister that is epic.  Although I tease her, she usally takes it well and plays it cool.  She is really trustworthy and I know I can talk to her. Kayla is an amazing sister that I love very much, she is my best friend.  Mom is, well, I guess you could say she is what you call neat.  Even though we don't always get along, she is my mom and I love and respect her for the most part.  She is always helping me with my homework and is a loving and caring mother. Dad is the coolest dad in the whole world, he is always giving me good advice that helps me for the most part.  He is one of the strongest guys I know and can beat all of my uncles in arm wrestling. He is very loving and is always rubbing my feet. He shares really good shows that I always seem to enjoy. I am very thankful for my family that helps me get through so many trials in my life.
 
That is the things that I am most thankful for. I hope this paper helps you think of some things you are thankful for too.

Kayla
I am thankful for many things.

I am thankful for my home.  It is nice and large and provides a safe shelter.  My room is bright and cheerful, and it holds my toys that I like a lot.  

I am also grateful for my dog.  She is warm and soft and really cute.  Sometimes, when I am really sad, she is there to comfort me.  Though she does not always cuddle, it makes it really special when she does.  I am grateful for Kassie.

I am grateful for the church.  It has been such a blessing in my life.  I know it has given me essential guidelines that have helped me immensely.  It is great to have home teachers and ward members who will help us when we’re in a jam.  The church will help me become a better person through encouraging service and thinking outward.

I am grateful for my friends, namely Olivia and Rachelle.  They both are people I like to talk with, each having different subject of interest.  I’m grateful Rachelle could help me so much with the Spark Club.  I’m glad Olivia and I have stayed friends for all these years and get to see each other on some weekends.

I am grateful for my family.  While we may not always get along, they have my back and I have people to lean on.  What I’m grateful for about each member is:

Dad—makes me laugh, supports the family

Mom—sympathizes with the trials of little brothers, is fun to talk to, and fun to go on trips with

Hunter—a friend, another toy-lover, and funny

Tanner—a fellow basement role player, smart, and fun to talk with about his school

Archer—makes me smile, and is ultra cute
      
I am grateful for vacations, technology, food, love, the church, family, home, toys, the Book of Mormon, Ninjago, our cool basement, being homeschooled, and for holidays.  I am thankful for many things.


Jason
In general, I feel that I am a pretty grateful person.  I have lived a pretty charmed life and have thus far achieved outcomes that vastly exceed the level of effort that that I have input into life.  I am certainly grateful for my job that has employed me and given me financial security and employment stability that in this tough economy have provided much peace of mind.  Certainly, I am grateful for parents that raised me in a wonderful home, gave me more than my share of love and support, and helped me when I fell short.  I would be remiss if I also didn’t express gratitude for wife and children, all of whom are a source of great joy and happiness in my life.  Without them, there would be an emptiness to my life that could never be filled.  Although I could write extensively on any of those, I would like to focus my gratitude on this day of Thanksgiving toward my Father in heaven for the many mercies that he has shown me.  

From the earliest days that I can remember, I have had a strong belief in God and a desire to please him.  When consequences would come my way, it was because although God is merciful, he is also just.  In other words, I had it coming.  Nevertheless, looking back, the hand of God can be seen guiding the course of my life.  At a relatively young age, I had an experience that helped me to change, to be less impulsive, more patient, and ultimately helped me gain understanding of people and myself that would shape my destiny.  I knew at the time as I know now, that the experience was a revelation from God in how my character should be.  Over the years, although I didn’t know it at the time, my Father in heaven has sent the holy ghost to prompt me on what to do…only to have me second guess and discard those promptings.  Despite my failings, I always knew that “His arm was still outstretched…” toward me.  When I was at a turning point in my life, and I called out to my Heavenly Father, he answered my prayer and showed me a path to happiness.  For the love He has shown me, the great mercies He has bestowed, and the plan of happiness that He has provided, I am truly grateful to have such a loving Father in heaven.



No comments:

Post a Comment