Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Kind Words

A few months ago, I joined a Learning Circle with the Power of Moms group (if you are a mom and you haven't heard of this group before, you should definitely check out their website).  The Learning Circle is very similar to a book club, but you only have to read an article instead of an entire book.  So far, the discussions have been very inspiring.  Last month, the article was about the value of motherhood and our "homework" was to ask our husband and children to write down five things they appreciated about us.  My husband happened to be at his parent's house when I remembered the assignment and texted him.  He sent me these lovely messages, even his parents chimed in.  I thought I should record them so I can read them when I'm feeling blue!  I definitely liked this kind of assignment! :)

From Jason:
1.  Your example
2.  You are never malicious
3.  You are always striving to be better
4.  Romantic yet practical
5.  You are my best friend
And because I can't limit myself to five things that I appreciate about you...
6.  You are very appreciative which makes doing things for you a joy.  I wouldn't have taken the time to clean the kitchen this morning if this weren't so. 

Ah, so sweet!

From Kayla (age 14):
1.  She's good to talk with.
2.  Compassionate and caring.
3.  Fun
4.  Great vacation buddy. :)
5.  Helpful and hardworking.

From Hunter (age 13):
1.  She's nice.
2.  She's funny.
3.  She loves me.
4.  She lets me be homeschooled.
5.  She's my piano teacher.

From Tanner (age 7):
1.  She's nice.
2.  She helps me with school.
3.  She reads with me.
4.  She plays games with me.
5.  She gives me hugs and loves me.
6.  She lets me play Minecraft for hours on end while she plays piano.  (I can't imagine Tanner using the phrase "hours on end."  I think Jason might have added that part).

From Archer (age 3):
1.  She's my mommy.
2.  Hugs, love, kisses
3.  Batman mega blocks
4.  Octopus
5.  A Christmas tree...A toy one that you squeeze...A duck

Ha, ha, I think that list turned into his Christmas wish list, but it totally made me smile! :)

From Brigitte:
1.  She is a kind human being.
2.  She is honorable.
3.  She is a good daughter-in-law.
4.  She's a good mother.
5.  She took Jason off of my hands. :)
6.  She is a very patient person.

From Roy:
1.  She is very appreciative of what we do.
2.  She is very kind.
3.  She is very complimentary of others.
4.  Willing to help on anything.
5.  Her personality personifies warmth.

Well, I needed all of those kinds words.  I definitely don't feel like they apply to me half the time, but I'm going to try harder to be all of those good things!

1 comment: