Sunday, June 12, 2011

Jason's Birthday


Jason had a birthday 4 days after Archer was born.  Because I was freshly home from the hospital, he didn't get pampered as much as he should have been.  We try to spoil the birthday person for a whole week before their birthday but I'm afraid it didn't happen.  However, I did manage to make him homemade crepes and give him breakfast in bed on his birthday.  I had only been home 2 days and my mom hadn't yet arrived so hopefully that counts for something!


I wrote all about Jason last year on his birthday but I'll just say again that he is is the best thing that has ever happened to me and I'm so thankful to be married to him.  He is the best husband and best father.  He is an interesting fellow who loves to sit around and have deep philosophical discussions on all kinds of topics ranging from cartoons to politics and religion.  At the same time, he loves toys and he loves to play.  He is interested in all kinds of sports and constantly makes up new games and activities for the kids to do in our basement and elsewhere.  He is super fun and super funny.  He loves to tease but he does it in a friendly way and keeps me laughing.  He is supportive and wonderful and even sentimental at times (remembering occasions such as the anniversary of when we got engaged).  He is a fabulous person and even though I didn't spoil him enough on his birthday, I hope he knows how much I think he deserved to be spoiled! :)

Guess what Jason wanted for his birthday?  A sandbox.  He was sweet and asked his mom for something for the kids rather than for himself.  Tanner loved helping him put it together and the kids have enjoyed many hours of play.





Jason made his own birthday cake.  His mom is from Germany and once a year on her birthday I make her a German Chocolate cake from scratch which is so much more complicated than from a cake mix, believe me.  We all love it but it's something I can only bring myself to do once a year.  I about fainted when Jason told me he wanted it for his birthday only one month later!  I managed to buy the ingredients but that was it.  Jason was on his own while I took care of the baby.  I'll admit I had my doubts about him following the complicated recipe but he did it and it turned out fantastic.  I think I'll step down and let him be the cake-maker from now on! :)


I love you sweetie!

2 comments:

  1. Yummy cake! Maybe next summer I'll come out and visit you. I don't think I'll make it this summer! :(

    I like reading your updates!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Jason. Nice cake and candle. Are you still under 30? I really like the sandbox with the cover!

    ReplyDelete