Monday, December 20, 2010

Away in a Manger...


After a 2 month hiatus from blogging, I am back in business! (Hopefully) I typically find time to blog late at night or on Sundays but I’ve been too exhausted at night and too busy on Sundays--too busy napping, hee, hee. :)  Pregnancy just zaps my energy so that is my excuse. We are expecting a baby boy on May 1st and we are all very excited.

Lately we have been busy with Christmas activities. For the record, I love Christmas---the lights, the trees, the baking, the decorating, the music, the stories, the movies, the presents, the family gatherings, the good will, the remembering of Christ--it is such a wonderful and exciting time of year and it is always over too fast for me. This morning, Kayla asked if she could do the Family Home Evening lesson tonight. Since I’m generally scrambling at the last minute for a lesson, I was happy to say yes. She planned a nativity pageant--wrote a script, assigned everyone parts, set up a scene, and gathered props and costumes. I realized why we should put kids in charge of this kind of thing because I wouldn't have gone to that much work! We decided to video it and it turned out really sweet. Everyone had two parts except for Tanner and me. I was the narrator and Tanner was asleep in bed.  Jason was an angel and a shepherd, Kayla was Mary and a shepherd, Hunter was Joseph and a shepherd.  This brought back memories from my childhood of acting out the Christmas story.  Then again, we usually had 10 children to work with (I have 9 brothers and sisters) or we were with our 30+ cousins doing it. We only had 4 people tonight but it still worked out beautifully. I was thankful to Kayla for putting it together. It was the perfect Family Home Evening on the Monday before Christmas, it helped us all focus on what it is really all about.




1 comment:

  1. That was great Marsha! You should put it on the family website. Kayla did a great job on the props, costumes, and script! We had fun doing the nativity with the cousins and uncles at the family Christmas party. Wish you and Michelle and your families could have been here too!

    ReplyDelete