About 6 months ago, Jason and I read The Total Money Makeover by Dave Ramsey. It's a great book, I highly recommend it. Since reading it, we have been on the lookout for ways to cut spending. We have a hypo-allergenic, non-shedding dog. Sounds wonderful doesn't it? We love it but there is one drawback. She needs a hair-cut every 6 weeks or so (I can stretch it longer) and it's over $50 every time. I decided I HAD to learn how to do it myself. A friend came over a few months ago to show me what to do and it didn't seem too bad. Still, I've procrastinated doing it myself. Every time a haircut has been needed, I've gone ahead and paid for it....until today. My dog desperately needed a haircut and I needed to put the money elsewhere so I set out to do it myself. Dog grooming is a long process. First comes the bath (I don't mind that part), then comes the blow-dry and brush (that part is okay too), then comes the cutting. I couldn't exactly remember what my friend showed me since it has been so long. I just started clipping and cutting. The poor dog seemed to hate every minute of it and I didn't like it much either. By the end, I was exhausted and covered in dog-hair (sort of negates the benefits of a non-shedding dog); my bathroom was also covered in dog hair, and the poor dog was bleeding a little on the stomach where I had somehow nicked her. I felt terrible. How does she look after all that? She looks like she is going to need another hair-cut in about a week! Next time, I don't care what I have to give up, I'm taking that dog to the groomer! :)
Sounds like fun! I would probably pay someone else to do it too. Can't wait to see you!
ReplyDeleteCassie looks fabulous. DON'T give up you can do it! Her hair cuts are costing more then yours! With practice you will become a pro. Ask your friend to help you one more time. $600 per year could buy some pretty cute clothes!
ReplyDeleteYeah, it could, but but my mom said that she wouldn't eat for a week before she tried to do Kass's hair again!
ReplyDeleteCherilyn, you are so right. I'm not going to give up. Now that some time has passed, I don't remember it being as bad as I said it was--like childbirth I guess. :) Okay, it's a lot easier than childbirth. As you can see, Kayla likes to come on here and post comments, I've had to delete some in the past but I guess I'll leave that one since I really did say that to her! I didn't mean it of course, I don't go without eating for one day, let alone a week! :)
ReplyDelete